Crostini con salsiccia (Crostini with sausagemeat)
- Preparation time: 15 minutes.
- Cooking time: 15 minutes.
- 3 salsicce (fresh Italian pork sausages).
- 300g stracchino cheese (a sharpflavoured creamy, spreading cheese).
- 12 slices unsalted country bread.
Remove the skin from the sausages; place the meat in a large bowl and combine with the stracchino, working them together until smooth with a wooden spoon. Cut a dozen or so slices of bread about a centimetre thick and put in the oven for ten minutes, until crisp on both sides. Remove from the oven and allow to cool, then spread some of the mixture on each slice. Put back in the oven for five minutes and serve the crostini hot.
Do ensure that the sausages are entirely pure pork and that they are not seasoned, as these have an entirely different flavour.